ResourcesWorking From Home
A collection of resources and documents to assist you manage your WHS Obligations when you have workers working from home.
What controls should employers put in place to manage the risk of Working from Home?
In Australia, the model WHS laws still apply if workers are required to work somewhere other than their usual workplace, for example, from home.
What an employer can do to minimise risks at a worker’s home will be different to what they can do at the usual workplace. However, if you can, you should:
- provide guidance on what is a safe home office environment, including what a good work station set up looks like and how to keep physically active
- require workers to familiarise themselves and comply with good ergonomic practices, for example by referring to a self-assessment checklist
- maintain daily communication with workers
- provide continued access to an employee assistance program, and
- appoint a contact person in the business that workers can talk to about any concerns.
You should also think about how your existing policies and procedures apply when working from home, including:
- notification of incidents, injuries hazards and changes in circumstances
- consultation and review of work health and safety processes, and
- attendance, timesheets, leave and other entitlements and arrangements.
What are the WHS risks of working from home?
Possible new risks include:
- physical risks from poor work environment, such as workstation set up, heat, cold, lighting, electrical safety, home hygiene and home renovations, and
- psychosocial risks such as isolation, high or low job demands, reduced social support from managers and colleagues, fatigue, online harassment and family and domestic violence.
You will still need to do what you reasonably can to manage the risks to a worker who works from home.
Working from Home
Company Risk Management Documents
Work From Home Risk Management PlanInstant Download
- Word Format
- Add your Company Name and Logo
- Compliant with legislation Australia Wide
- Includes a variety of fo procedures and forms
- Includes Customisation Guide
Customised Work from Home Risk Management PlanCustomised for you, including company name & logo.
- Word Format
- Compliant with WHS Legislation Australia wide
- Customised for you, including company name & logo.
- Includes a variety of procedures and forms.
The procedure you have done up for us is way more then we were expecting!!!
Thank you so much!!“
Audit today… PASSED with flying colours. She read through your whole SWMS and said it’s one of the best, most detailed and accurate she has seen in a long time. Don’t worry, I gave credit to you where credit was due. Thanks heaps again. I really appreciate all your help!!!”
“OHS Compliance Solutions recently prepared our OHS policies and procedures for our painting and decorating business based in Sydney’s Northern Beaches. We chose OHS Compliance Solutions because they tailored our policies to be relevant to our business. This allowed us to successfully submit our application to a stringent Strata data base. Working with OHS Compliance Solutions was a painless experience. We found them to be professional, honest, reliable and approachable. For anyone looking to create or renew their OHS policies, I would highly recommend the Alison from OHS Compliance Solutions. Thank you again!”.
“We are thrilled with the work OHS Compliance Solutions has done for our business – very thorough and quick turn around, super helpful and friendly service – we will definitely using your services again in the future! Thanks a bunch”
“‘Im so thankful I found Kelly. We had Kelly do all our swms and an ohs manual for us, and her service was second to none. She was friendly, professional and her turn around time was amazing. Kelly talked me through everything and went above and beyond to make sure I understood everything. I loved that I didn’t feel like I was just being sold a product, Kelly was truly interested in making sure we were getting exactly what we needed for our business, and nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely use OHS Compliance Solutions again as our business grows. Thanks again Kelly for all the time you spent talking me through everything. Safety is top priority in our business and now I’m confident that or paperwork matches our safe work.“
Thanks to Kel we were able to become a Certified Contractor for Government work! I had nearly given up on the application until I decided to contacted the Tradewives Page and found Kel. Kel talked me through it all, checked what I had done and made it all so easy for us. Thanks again 😃