SafeWork (NSW) inspectors attended a Macquarie Park worksite on Monday, 1 April 2019, after receiving reports that two workers had become trapped under scaffolding. Tragically, an 18-year-old worker has passed away and another 40-year-old man was air-lifted to hospital, in a serious condition.
SafeWork NSW commenced Operation Scaff Safe on Monday 1st April, which will entail SafeWork Inspectors visiting sites across NSW to ensure that businesses understand the safety requirements involved in creating a safe environment for workers using scaffolding and working from a height.
SafeWork NSW has also compiled some information in their resource library to assist:
Further Information can be obtained as follows:
- visit safework.nsw.gov.au
- contact SafeWork NSW online or call 13 10 50
- visit your nearest SafeWork NSW office
- for technical specifications on scaffold, contact your local manufacturer
Code of practice
- Code of practice: Work near overhead power lines (chapter 6 – scaffolding).
Australian Standards can be purchased from SAI Global. Contact the Customer Service Centre on 13 12 42 or visit saiglobal.com/shop
Check if any updates or additions to the Australian Standards have been made to: